Wednesday, September 14, 2011

If I Didn't Know Now What I Didn't Know Then

Can you you feel it, see it, hear it today?
If you can't, then it doesn't matter anyway.
 - Epic by Faith No More

Have you ever wondered what your life would be like if you could "unknow" every hurtful thing that has ever happened to you?  Imagine if you could mentally and emotionally go back in time to the moment before those hurtful things occurred...and you lived in those moments instead, only in the present. 

What?????

According to my opinion of  Eckhart Tolle, that would be the power of now.  I read that book some years ago.  The language drove me crazy and the message was repeated so many times that my brain wanted to do a quantum leap into any moment other than the one where I was holding that book and forcing myself to "get it."  The fact that I was forcing myself and trying to understand it intellectually is probably proof that I didn't "get it" at all. 

And what is IT? 

Here's where I admit that I had no idea what I was going to say next until I did a search for an image to go with this article.  Basically, Kimmy Sue (cute, country and ever so smart) thinks of a clever title and waits for Ruby Lou (big, bold, black, wise and funny) to show up (and grab KS by the overalls, maybe smack her upside the head) and figure it out.  I googled "power of now" and found this:


KS:  Wow, that is so cool!  RL:  Slow down Kimmy Sue, take a moment to look at the source this time.

I'm glad I did take a moment.  This image led me to the artist Kelly Angard and her amazing fine art and photography website where I found this:



KS:  Well I'll be damned, is that IT?  RL:  Maybe.
KS:  Give me a moment.  RL:  Take your time.

Okay, so maybe that isn't exactly what I started with but by some quirk of fate I think a moment just happened.  And I didn't once think about getting a boob job.

Darn it...it's gone. 






No comments:

Post a Comment