Thursday, September 8, 2011

Women: Weight vs. Health?

In an effort to do what I'm supposed to do, I spent one of my vacation weeks checking in with various doctors.  One morning I got the dreaded mammogram (which wasn't anything like I expected, was nothing really) and in the afternoon I went to the gynecologist.  Another day I saw my primary care physician and I was quick to inform him (he who has never seen me naked in all the 17 years that I've been his patient) that I'd already taken care of the top and the bottom.  Thank you very much, I'll keep my clothes on. 

So he listened to my heart (it's still there) and my lungs (still breathing) and he poked all the usual spots looking for I don't know what...and we talked.  This is why I love my PCP.  He always stops poking, sits and asks me, "How are you doing?"  Well, I'm not one to go to the doctor every time I fart sideways, so I told him I was basically okay.  And I am, basically.  Then he asked me if I was still smoking.  Sigh.  Yes.  But, I informed him that I did quit for 8 months...last year.  He of course asked me why I started smoking again.  My response?  I gained too much weight.  Damn.  He shook his head and said, "I get that all the time from women."

Wow.  All the time.  Ladies, this is sad.  I can't speak for every woman, but I'm sure there are many who worry more about their weight than their health.  Why? 

Obviously, in my quest to evolve and find that perfect yin yang state of being I'm still pretty stupid.  Just because I am aware and awake in the subtle energies that surround me (and work with them as a Reiki Master), doesn't mean I've figured out how to get past the status quo of this stupid world we live in. 

And we are stupid.  Masculine energy wants to show the world who has the biggest dick, wins the wars and has the most money, babes, things...whatever.  What does feminine energy do?  Feminine energy tries to stop the wars.  Obviously this energy is not succeeding.  Not when little girls are being schooled in how to sell their body parts and men are still getting paid more (on average) for putting out less. 

If the world does end in 2012, this is why.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome post. And I cracked up at "fart sideways."

    It's really, really hard to get past that damn status quo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kate, it is...even for smart women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "doesn't mean I've figured out how to get past the status quo of this stupid world we live in."
    Yes, we are all trying to get there! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Erin...yes, that damned status quo!

    ReplyDelete