Wednesday, June 20, 2012

All over the map with both hands on the wheel...best road trip ever!

Way too wordy an episode. . .
Likes to ride standing up
on a bumpier road.
Yang says "What do you think, the kid,
he was trying to say?"
The kid screams out "I'm just an accident,
I didn't plan it this way."
Giant Sand - Pathfinder



Hello!  Check out the really cool map above.  This is your soul wandering and flailing its way through the mind, I think.  It's all over the map isn't it?  This is true for everyone, no matter how hard we try to pretend otherwise.  

However, if you have both hands (yin/yang) on the wheel...you might actually find your way home without stepping on a land mine and blowing your ass off the planet. 

And roadblocks?  Pffft...goes without saying.  But every roadblock you encounter is an opportunity to see what you keep missing on the road home.  The number of times you encounter the same roadblock is directly related to how stubborn you are.  I must admit that I've been very stubborn. 

Fortunately, I found the spiritual nerve to crash through a very familiar roadblock.  I'm sure there are more ahead, but this one is no longer in my way:


And thanks to some very special friends, I am closer to this:


All over the map with both hands on the wheel? 


However, I am currently cruising with a strong right hand and a leisurely left hand hanging out the window...looks like this:

Source

Best road trip ever!  I am blessed.

What are your roadblocks?  What will it take for you to hit the gas and crash on through? 


4 comments:

  1. I love the road block analogy. I find it's akin to the definition of madness being, "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." You have to tweak the way you respond to those roadblocks, until eventually maybe they're not there anymore. Sweet victory!

    I've overcome quite a few, now if I can just get away from these manholes I'll be set! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...I deleted me...as I was saying, those manholes are a real pisser for sure...they totally fuck up your wheels :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, you are blessed. Thanks for updates 'from the road!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JP...we are all in this together...I wonder what the final roadblock will be? You know, the one we're ALL standing in front of in the end...I bet it will be funny!

      Delete