Monday, October 10, 2011

The Personal Manager - Simply Stated

If you sign my contract baby
You know all of your worries is over for you
Yea I wanna be your milk man every morning
Your ice-cream man when the days is through
Personal Manager - Albert King



From the first time I heard The Personal Manager in a little ribs 'n' blues shack in Decatur, Georgia, I've been trying to figure out what it is about that song that so resonates with me.  

And I don't believe in accidents.  I believe everything happens for a reason and every pothole on the highway of life is a lesson learned.  My life began to change with a simple blues song and the potholes were plenty.  Although I was having so much fun, I hardly noticed.  Blues is like that.  The simple chords and innuendo lure you into the heart of it all.  And if you're a hearts on fire Leo type like me, it's easy to get lost and miss the meaning. 
.
Fortunately, Kimmy Sue and Ruby Lou do meet halfway on occasion and see the writing on the wall. Together we finally figured this one out, and one whole woman is hearing that song with her eyes open.

I want a man whose dick is bigger than mine. 

Yea, I said that.  It's the truth.  Figuratively speaking of course, but literally would not be frowned upon.

Relationships are a dance, and in the human attempt to find pleasure in the roles of man and woman it's important to bring it all to the dance floor and find your song...the one that tells the truth, plain and simple. 

When I die and go to Heaven (don't laugh, it could happen!), forget St. Peter.  Albert King better be standing at the gate with a big ol' shit-eating blues grin.  He'll have one question for me:  What took you so long?



3 comments:

  1. Trick is to find someone else who really likes to dance. My first husband stopped dancing after the Bristol Stomp....literally and figuratively. Probably a good first question: what's your favorite song and do you lead when you dance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh Debbie...that is exactly the question. A man would take my comments the wrong way...a woman totally gets what I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete