Monday, January 9, 2012

The Dating Game Part II: What DOES single mean?

"No I don't need another half to make me whole."
- Natasha Bedingfield


"Interestingly, snakes shed their old skin when their new skin is formed beneath it. The new skin has the same patterns and colors as the old skin that is ready for shedding. When the old skin is shed, however, it doesn’t look exactly the same as its replacement. It takes on a nearly transparent appearance."

I'm not a big fan of snakes, but I find it interesting that when they shed their skin the process is called "going into the blue."  I love blues music.  No correlation whatsoever, I'm sure.

And if this blog was a song, the bridge would be out of order.  But that's okay.  Not everything has to make sense.

Kimmy Sue's taking a break and since Ruby Lou doesn't think too much, this post will be a breeze. 

The response to Part I has been very interesting.  I guess since the institution of marriage has been turned upside down and kicked to the curb, more people are back on the market and shopping for non-traditional alternatives.  Although I do have one friend who makes no bones about the fact that she wants to get married again.  We all want what we want.  And whatever that is, we should just be honest about it.

Isa, a fabulous new female friend that I like to refer to as "the cupcake lady", suggests I forego thrift stores in favor of Saks.  Sorry Isa...no can do.  This girl has never set foot in Saks, and probably never will.  I personally think a special kind of stupid is required to pay $80 for a pair of jeans when you can get a perfectly good pair at a thrift store for $5.  But I get your point. 

I don't need to wax poetic on this subject. 

Part I is all the time we spend letting the past get in the way of the present and, in turn, predict the future.

Part II is where you just don't worry about it.

I could erase every bad day of my life (and don't we all wish we could do that?) and I still wouldn't be a shopper.  It's not that I don't care.  I simply see no point in spending money on something that I don't need.

However, if I'm browsing through the "hand me downs" and catch a glimpse of something interesting...I will try it on.  And if it fits, I'll buy it.

But, if you're a shopper...good for you.  Go for it!  I love hearing your stories. 

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a really tough piece of skin that needs shedding.  It seems to be stuck around my ass. 






No comments:

Post a Comment