Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mirrors In a Weird Ass Nutshell

"And the wind blows up his coat and this he scribbles on a perfumed note
if I'm not here, then you're not here."
Sheryl Crow
Interesting.  I can't get the text to align left.  No matter how many times I click on align left, I am stuck in the middle.  I wouldn't call it "non-duality," but Kimmy Sue and Ruby Lou may be forced to join hands for this one.  How annoying. 
Seriously.  This is fucking annoying.

There is no beginning or end to this, only what is.  What it is is uncomfortable.  And being in the middle is probably the most comfortable place to be, but it could also be said that truth resides there...which isn't necessarily comfortable.

Am I cocky?  To a degree, yes.  Am I cryptic?  Sure, but it comes naturally.  I love a good blues song for these very reasons.  To be honest, I have always preferred naughty innuendo to the vulgarity that you hear in some forms of music today.  I'll take Bessie Smith over Missy Elliot any day.
Not dissin' Missy.  She has a few choice words that put a grin on my face! 
I'm also as scared, insecure and confused as any other soul forced to land on this crazy, forsaken planet.  Some of us are just better at hiding from this.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  We are all on a path unique to who we are and where we're at in terms of what we're ready to evolve.
 
No one escapes this life unharmed, but everyone has the potential to break through the walls that harm builds.  It's a process.  Choose your method.  And, most importantly, don't back down.  Grab the biggest sledge hammer you can find and knock the holy fucking hell out of that wall. 
(On the off chance that saying holy and fucking in the same sentence is a mortal sin, I am forgiven.  I was baptized in South Carolina, which means I can do whatever I want and Jesus will still open the door and let me in.  I'm so glad I'm not Catholic...purgatory does not appeal to me.)

In the manner of "controlled chaos," I'm going to jump to the subject of meditation. Loosely. Years ago, I had the unusual experience of meditating with a very tall, very androgynous Irish woman named Johanne. I have an annoying habit of seeing faces when meditating with another, and this was no exception. At the end of our session, she asked me what I saw. Well, I saw a series of faces "in the mirror."  The only face I was compelled to mention was that of a very evil looking man.  I told her I thought it was something I saw in her. 

And then she asked me a very poignant question:  "How do you know it wasn't you?"

In a nutshell, we have all been victims and we have all been perpetrators.  From that perspective,
how can you judge anyone or anything? 

You can't. You shouldn't. It's wrong.

Judgment may very well be the only wrong there is.

The only thing that is right is forgiveness. 

And without forgiveness...the wall remains.

So, I'm cocky enough to put myself out there in crazy and embarrassing ways...but that's okay.  We all have a purpose. And if my cockiness and craziness resonates with you, amen.  Believe me when I say that the only pain more unbearable than my own...is yours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment