Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fear, Farting and Friction...and other things not fully explained!

Fears and farts aren't so different.  If you hold them in long enough, you will explode.  Just saying.

And since my human intelligence is somewhat lacking (I once thought it was a good idea to invite a gay man, a very large woman and a Sikh to a comedy club...at the same time...I'm still friends with the gay man), my understanding of reincarnation is simple.  It has to be.  I'm not that smart.

Life is fear in physical form.  Death is when your soul escapes.  It is rather like farting.  For a little while you feel relieved, until it comes back around and you realize that fresh garlic has never agreed with you.  Shit.  Seriously?  I have to do this again?

Bottom line...if you're eating something that doesn't agree with you and you know it doesn't agree with you, then don't fucking eat it anymore.

But I think most human beings are afraid of change.  We enter this world and find a familiar comfort zone and stay there because it's safe.  If you watch the news, who can blame us?

I can't speak for everyone, but the "fear factor" has been on my grocery list the past few years.  I'm cheap, so I keep waiting for it to go on sale.  Even better if it's "buy one, get one free."  Or maybe I'll just save up for one really good one.  So many to choose from right?  And some are just weird.  For instance, I'm extremely claustrophobic and absolutely will not sit in the back seat of a two door coupe.  I'm also freaky when it comes to shoes.  If I can't take them off in just a few seconds, I won't wear them.  I don't feel so bad about that.  I have a friend who won't wear sunglasses.  Having them on her face freaks her out.  Who knows why?

It's sad to me that so much of what we do and don't do is motivated by fear.  Letting go of fear really would mean the end of war in this world.  But it could also mean the end of the world, as we know it,  if letting go brings us back to "source" once and for all.  And we're really afraid of that!  There are so many good things in this life to be attached to right?

Speaking of which, I have a house full of teenagers begging me to make my killer bean dip.  I think I'll wash it down with some chocolate milk...we'll all be dying!

Oh...friction.  Friction is friction.  It's how galaxies and human beings are created.  That's all I can say about that.  Again, I'm not that smart.

Happy first day of 2012.  Maybe if we stop focusing on things that make us want to stay in a comfort zone, bad news will cease to exist.



No comments:

Post a Comment